It is / There is Exercises örnekleri

Bilge Gökçen

Yeni Üye
Üye
It is / There is Exercises örnekleri

there is there are exercises is are exercises ile ilgili sorular was were ile ilgili sorular It is / There is Exercises örnekleri

Insert it is/there is in the spaces. In some sentences, contracted plural, negative and interrogative forms, or the past or future tense are required.

1 What's the time?- ... ... 3.30. ~
And what's the date?~ . . . . . . the 24th.

2 How far... ...toYork?~
. . . . . 50 miles.

3 ... ... very stormy last night. ~
Yes, ... ... storms all over the country.

4 ... ... freezing very hard. ... ... ...ice on the lake tomorrow.
5 As... ... sunny she decided to take the children to the sea.
6 Why don't you go for a walk? . . . . . . a pity to stay in when . . . . . . so nice outside.
7 ... ... not any shadows because ... ... not any sun.
8 ... ... going to be a bus strike tomorrow. ~
... ... ...all right if ... ... a fine day; but if ... ... wet
... ... ... long queues on the Underground.

9 ... ... not any glass in the windows; that is why . . . . . . so cold in the room.
10 ... ... very wet yesterday; ... ... impossible to go out.
11 ... ...a lot of rain last week. ... ... floods everywhere.
12 ... ...a thick fog last night. ... ... several accidents on the motorway.
13 ... ... foolish to drive fast when ... ... foggy.
14 ... ... difficult to find your way round this town. . . . . . . so many streets all looking exactly alike.
15 Come on, children! ... ... time to get up! ... ... nearly breakfast time.
16 . .. . .. ... lunch time when we get to York, so let's have lunch there.~
No, ... ... not be time for lunch because our train to Edinburgh leaves York at 13.15.
17 ... ...a funny smell here. ... ... turpentine?
18 ... ...all sorts of stories about Robin Hood, but ... ... not known exactly who he was or what he did.
19 ... ... said that if you break a mirror you'll be unlucky for seven years.
20 As he had very bad sight ... ... difficult for him to recognize people.
21 'Can I have a Telegraph, please?' said the customer.
I'm afraid ... ... not any left,' said the newsagent. 'But . . . . . . a Guardian on the rack

beside you. Why not take that? ... ... just as good.'
22 ... ... not necessary to carry your passport everywhere with you but ... ... advisable to carry some document of identity.
23 ... ...a guard outside the door and ... ... bars on the windows.
... ... impossible to escape.

24 ... ...a garage behind the hotel? ~
Yes, but ... ... rather full. I don't think ... ... room for your car.

25 One night . . . . . . a heavy fall of snow which blocked all the roads.
Luckily ... ... plenty of food in the house.

26 ... ...a hotel in the village, so we decided to stay there.
. . . . . . a charming village and I was very happy there, but my children were bored because ... ... nothing to do in the evenings.

27 ... ... five flats in the building—one on each floor. Mine's on the top floor. . . . . . . no lift but ... ... supposed to be good for the figure to run up and down stairs, . . . . . .?
28 ... ...a pity you haven't another bedroom. ~
Yes, but ... ... quite a big loft, which I am thinking of turning into a bedroom. . . . . . .

a skylight so ... ... not . . . a ventilation problem.
29 ... ...all sorts of legends about these caves. ... ... said that smugglers hid their goods here and that . . . . . . an underground passage leading to the village inn.
30 Tell me something about King Lear. ~
. .. . ..
the story of a king who divided his kingdom between his daughters. ... ... foolish to give away your property like that. . . . . . . never certain that your family will behave generously to you in return.

31 Has Tom any more children?~
Yes. . . . . , . a daughter, Ann. ~
Oh yes, ... ... Ann who opened the door to us yesterday, . . . . . .?

32 He thought that ... ... better to say nothing about his change of plan.
33 . .. ...a long time before I got an answer. Then one day a letter arrived—well, ... ... not really a letter, for ... ... only one sentence on the paper.
34 ... ...a pond beside your house?— Yes, . . . . . . ~
How deep . . . . . .?

35 We've done all we can. ... ... nothing to do now but wait.
36 Just cross out that word and goon.... ... not necessary to begin again.
(or... ...no need to begin again.)

Moderatör tarafında düzenlendi:
Cevap: It is / There is Exercises

(Affirmatives are not given in their contracted form but would normally be contracted in speech.)

1 It is, It is 2 is it, It is 3 It was, there were 4 It is, There will be 5 it was 6 It is, it is
7 There are, there is 8 There is; It will be, it is, it is, there will be 9 There is, it is
10 It was, it was
11 There was; There were
12 There was; There were
13 It is, it is
14 It is; There are
15 It is; It is 16 It will be; there will 17 There is; Is it 18 There are, it is 19 It is 20 it was 21 there are: there is; It is 22 It is, it is 23 There is, there are; It is or There was, there were; It was 24 Is there; it is; there is/there will be 25 there was; there was 26 There was; It was, there was 27 There are; There is, it is, isn't it 28 It is; there is; There is, there is/will be 29 There are: It is, there is 30 It is; It is; It is 31 there is; it was, wasn't it

32 it was/would be 33 It was; it was, there was 34 Is there; there is; is it 35 There is
36 It is; There is

Moderatör tarafında düzenlendi:
Geri
Üst